Narcosia Anaesthesia Group is a group of over 30 anaesthetic specialists who provide anaesthesia services across greater Brisbane. We are a group of like minded individuals who are passionate about the provision of quality anaesthesia. All of our anaesthetists hold a post graduate qualification obtained through the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) and are registered specialists with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
The History of Narcosia Anaesthesia Group
The Narcosia Anaesthesia Group had its beginnings in 1955 when Dr Roger Bennett commenced providing anaesthetic services in Brisbane. Ballow chambers, on Wickham Terrace was the first location chosen. Dr Dan Hogg joined him in practice in 1962, however Dr Bennett died shortly after in 1967. The practice continued to grow steadily, moving to SDK house on Fortesque Street in 1977 and acquiring the name “Narcosia Anaesthetic Group” in that year. The move to our present location at Hill House, Boundary Street, Spring Hill occurred in 1989.
During this time the practice of anaesthesia has developed significantly with new technologies, drugs arriving in a steady stream to cater for more complex patients having more advanced surgical procedures. No longer does the anaesthetist sharpen their reuseable needles between cases, nor accept postoperative nausea as an inevitable consequence of anaesthesia. We all strive to provide the very highest standard of anaesthesia care to our patients, utilising the best of these new technologies where appropriate.
Members of the practice, both current and now retired, have served in many capacities as well as private anaesthetic practice. Many have served, and continue to serve, our professional bodies at local, state and federal level.